Pages

11.11.2010

Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Today was pumpking carving day.  Oh, and trick or treating day, but I'll get to that a little later in the post.  

I don't know how I ended up carving a pumpkin, but well, I did.  Jon knows it's not my thing, but somehow I was left holding a tiny saw.  Truth be told, it wasn't that bad.  However, I'm like the kids and don't really enjoy digging out the guts.  But unlike them, I will dig in and pull out a hand full.  This was Natalie's way of helping:


Yeah... can you see the ONE seed on her finger?

Don't be fooled by her arm in the pumpkin.  She was the Queen at picking only one seed.


This is all the help Daniel could muster.

He was so brave looking into the pumpkin.

This was staged:


I put the clump on her hand to let her know how it felt and that it wasn't a big deal.  Still didn't work.  She didn't want to pull anything out.  So on to decorating their own pumpkins kid style.






We went trick or treating in West Bloomington.  The people in those neighborhoods know how to give out candy!  They got way too many full sized candy bars.  In fact, they just got way too much candy.
  



I liked how they would peek in the sidelight to see if the people were coming.  


He was a bit mad that he didn't get a sucker.  I told him we had some at home, but that didn't seem to matter.  (seems like I have a lot of good Daniel crying/complaining pictures.  The nice thing about his complaining is it lasts no longer than a minute.  He gets over things pretty quickly.  I hope that never changes!)


I carved the "BOO" pumpkin.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pumpkins Nattie and Daniel!!
Daniel the Tiger or is it Tigger?
Nattie the pretty princess.
What fun!!