to this:
in about 3 hours. She had the giggles here. Once she was feeling better, she requested to play Pet Society which is a Facebook game. She needed a change of scenery, so I propped her up in the chair. I got the bed then and found out it was kind of comfortable. I contemplated taking a nap, but didn't want the nurses to walk in on me while sleeping on the job.
After her alloted computer time was up, we played in the play area. Then we came back to the room and put a puzzle together. She did most of it.
We then played a game of Memory. She always beats me bad and today was no exception. We just finished playing when dinner came. She had a pretty good appetite as she didn't eat much all day. We then settled in for the Beauty and the Beast movie. She really enjoyed it! We had watched some clips on YouTube so whenever those parts came on I would look at her. There was always a huge smile on her face. I just knew she'd like the movie. In fact, I already bought it for her for Christmas. Jon and Daniel came about half way through the movie because it was time to switch shifts. He got the night shift again. After the movie was over there was a little play time with her brother.
He started to get a little more rowdy by swinging his little blanket at her.
I told him to get down and not swing his blanket it at her. So instead, he decided to run along the bed and swing the blanket at the bed railing. She was laughing and trying to get it.
I decided it was time to go home when he got out his bigger blanket and her foot got in on the action. I didn't want anything getting broken or anyone getting hurt.
It was nice having most of the day be a good day. After two "I'm not having a good day"'s this change was well deserved. I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with her. She really is a sweet girl.
Speaking of sweet girl, the nurses rave about how good and how sweet she is. She may not like what is happening to her, but she will go along with it. For instance, she had to have blood drawn for lab work. She asked a million questions and at first said she felt sad. When she saw the butterfly needle, she said she felt scared. I wiped a few tears from her eyes, but she never moved a muscle or cried out. She was really brave and we told her so.


1 comment:
Awwww Nattie, you are SO brave!!! Hope you get out of the hospital TODAY!!! We love you!!!
Post a Comment