Pages

11.11.2010

Saturday, November 6th, 2010

We pulled out the Klutz Face Painting book to paint some faces for Halloween.  The next day, Natalie paged through the book and decided she wanted a butterfly painted on her face.  I told her I would do it on  Saturday.  Every day she would wake up and ask how many days it was until Saturday.  When it got to Thursday, she didn't have to ask because she knew it was only two more days.  Saturday finally rolled around and her face became my canvas.  Every time I would paint a little, she wanted to check it out in the mirror.  A couple of times she came out of the bathroom with a sad look on her face and said it didn't look pretty.  I had to remind her that it's a work in process and it will look great once it's done.  I was right!  She really liked it.  I must say it's not bad for my first butterfly painting.




I don't know why, but she thought the flower ring and the butterfly wings went well with her colorful face.  We even went to a couple of stores (sans the extra items).  She got some comments from people and someone asked her where she went.  Of course I told them I painted it!  I wanted all the credit.

At first Daniel picked out a pirate look, but I talked him into something simple.  He's pretty easy to sway.    A snake it is!  (In the second picture, he's hissing like a snake.)



Even though it took longer than I would have liked, I did enjoy painting on their faces.  She's already asked me when she can have something painted on her face to go to Inez's.  I told her soon, but it would have to be something a little less time consuming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I deceided to check and see if you had posted anything and lo and behold you had. You are quite the artist. The butterfly is very pretty as is the little girl. Enjoyed all the pictures!!!! Very nice. GrandmcC