Pages

11.20.2010

Friday, November 19th, 2010

My day started at 4:40 AM when Daniel cried out.  I can't remember what he wanted, but he did wake up Natalie who came out of her room to tell me she didn't feel good again.  She did have a fever so I gave her more medication.  I put her into bed and then decided to go to work because I had stuff I had to do as did Jon.  I was there 4 hours and came back home so Jon could go into work.  I made an appointment for Natalie to go to Metro Peds because she had a couple of signs of a bladder infection; high fever and pain with urination.  I didn't know at the time of making the appointment, but she also threw up at home (another sign).  At the Dr's her temp was 103.2 and she was shaking bad for a little of the time.  She didn't look good at all.  They tested her urine and it was a mess.  The Dr checked her over and one of the things she did was tap different spots on her back.  Natalie said it hurt a little when she tapped over her lower back (kidney area).  She also threw up again.  Because of these additional symptoms, the Dr concluded she had a kidney infection and for her, the best treatment would be to be admitted for at least a day to the hospital so she could get an IV with fluids and an antibiotic in the drip.  I am very glad St. Francis is about a mile from our house.  It's very convenient.  Anyway, I was a bit shocked with this news and teared up a bit.  I felt pretty bad that I could let my child get this sick.  I was assured that it's hard to tell these things and knew enough to bring her in which is a good thing.

She had a fever off and on all day and night.  Jon relieved me at 1:30 AM (he was out having a fun evening) and I was pretty happy to get home for a little sleep.  I knew Daniel would have me up in the 7 o'clock hour.

I took this picture before we went to the Dr's office.  We had been using a wash cloth to try to chill her a bit.  Not sure how much it worked.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Poor Natalie! I hope she's feeling much, much better! :)