Pages

2.09.2009

Como

Yesterday we went to Como Park Zoo and Conservatory. We were feeling the need encompass ourselves in some warmth and humidity. However, after about an hour, the warmth and humidity novelty wore off and it felt like an icky summer day. Except we were wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts which made it even worse. Not to mention the kid I was wearing most of them time. Natalie loved to explore. She couldn't wait to see the next thing. Daniel, on the other hand was content just being right by me. After getting used to the place, he did venture off - kind of. I was always in sight. This first picture was taken by the water fountain in the Palm Dome. Natalie was wanting to take some money back to her piggy. At one point we gave her a nickel to throw in, but she decided to keep it. I think she ended up throwing it in a different pond though.
We sat on a bench in the Palm Dome. I was hoping Daniel would get down and enjoy the fountain, but he didn't. He was loving on his Mommy instead.
Here we are in the Sunken Room. We were a few weeks early. It wasn't in it's full spring glory yet. You can see behind me the lilies have yet to bloom. When they do, it's just beautiful.
They have a room called the Children's Gallery where children learn and play. Natalie liked to turn the wheel and make it rain.
This is in the Tropical Encounters Exhibit. We're looking at some big fish that you would find in the Amazon. The next picture is of an ugly fish that caught our eye.

In the exhibit, they shoot a lot of moisture into the air. The moisture really highlighted the rays of sunshine (or vice versa). Two mice were calling that spot home too. I don't think they were suppose to be there, but what lucky little critters. I made the joke that in a couple of months, there will be 100. Jon said Ozzie would love to be there.

No comments: