Daniel had his 15 month appointment today. His stats are - Ht: 31 3/4 in (72%), Wt: 24 lbs 3 oz (49%), Head: 19 1/2 in (98%). Notice what category his biggest percentage is in. He has one big melon. I'm a bit suspect of his height measurement. His first measure was 30 3/4 in, which would have put him 1/4 in taller than at 9 mos. His second measure was what I put above, which is only 1/4 in. taller than his 12 mo appt. Funny how 1/4 in will make your pants be floods. Oh well, we'll find that at 18 mos, he'll have grown 3 inches. On Monday his nose started to run, and today he wasn't any better. He had a temp of 99.8, so I opted to wait on the shots. He also has an ear infection which is news to me. He really didn't have any signs other than sleeping crappy last night, but I chalked that up to the cold. We'll see in a couple of weeks if the round of antibiotics knocked it out. He'll also get some shots he missed.
Natalie was in the model mode. She wanted me to take her picture and then would run back to me to see what I had captured on the screen. Then she'd go back and pose again, but with a different face. Daniel went over to her once and got a look and a scolding. "Daniel, get out of the way, I'm getting my picture taken."






It was time for Daniel to go to bed and I told them to give kisses and hugs. I never thought anything would come of it. But they walked towards each other and Daniel went for the kiss and Natalie went for the hug. It was the first time she wanted to and he actually let her. I was directly behind Daniel and moved just in time to get this. If only I had moved to the other side of him. Then I would have gotten their faces. Natalie seemed so proud of herself after giving him the hug too. I'm hoping this will be the first of many.

After Daniel went to bed, Natalie and I put some puzzles together. She put a couple of pieces together and out of the blue she says in a higher pitched imitating voice "Pocahontas, come down here. Your mother's back." Then in her normal voice she said "That's on Pocahontas." Pocahontas, by the way, is the only move she wants to watch. It even trumps Tinkerbell, which she loves to watch the clips of on the laptop. My mom had brought long overdue Christmas presents down and the Tinkerbell DVD was one of them. I thought for sure she would want to watch it that night. Nope, she wanted Pocahontas. I wonder how many other quotes I'll be hearing from that movie.
1 comment:
My goodness!! can't believe my Nattie has turned into such a little model,wanting to have her pic taken!! it wasn't that long ago that she'd hide her face if you were going to take her pic!! and what darling pics they are!! so sweet that they love each other (that's the way Trish and Tommy were too!!xx) and I loved the Pocahontas (Gma can't spell!!) story--she has such imagination for a 3 yr. old!! Hope Daniel is feeling better!! see you soon!!
Post a Comment