I survived Black Friday. The fun started at 6am with a trip to Target and ended at 8pm with a trip to JoAnn's so Natalie could pick out her own fleece blanket pattern. I asked her if she liked a couple of patterns and she didn't say anything. I showed her this frog one and she exclaimed, "Yeah!" We had only started to look too. I was trying to find a monkey pattern, but didn't see anything cute. We spotted a few more but she never wavered from her first choice. I think it's a good choice.

No, I didn't shop for 14 hrs; I'm not crazy. I was gone for about 9hrs though. I did pick up some good stuff along the way, mostly in the form of electronic accessories. A mouse, laptop bag, 8 GB memory cards, and an 8 GB flash drive. I was in Best Buy and couldn't believe the tv wall. They only had LCD's and Plasma's. I asked if they still had rear projection tv's like our Samsung because I didn't see them anywhere. They only had two floor models left. They don't sell them anymore. What?!? We got our tv 3, maybe 4 yrs ago and it's already gone the way of the ancient tube tv's. (Which, by the way, the clerk said they sold the last one they had last week. I find it shocking anyone would buy one, but he said it did have an HD tuner in it. Something ours doesn't even have. Hmph - looks like ours was more archaic than the 10 ton tube was.) It's hard to buy anything electronic now a days. It seems to be obsolete the minute you drive away from the store. Good thing we live in a throw away society... we'll only have to deal with our dinosaur a few more years. (yes, that sentence is dripping with sarcasm.) On a brighter note:


2 comments:
Dylan has been the same way with the lights. He says, "ooooh Christmas lights! Ooooooh!" Im getting anxious to get home and turn ours on for him and get the decor up.
So how come you didnt cave and get a new tv? I thot for sure that was where it was leading to!
Nope, no tv this year. Perhaps next year. Everyone will just have to deal with the crappy one for a little longer.
Post a Comment