Pages

11.27.2008

Happy Turkey Day


Isn't this a lovely picture?  We're in the skyway in downtown Minneapolis.  Jon, Natalie and I went to see the display A Day in the life of an Elf that is in the 9th floor of Macy's.  Jon and I actually saw it the Saturday before as we were downtown to see Wicked.  There was noone in it when we went so we decided to come back with Natalie.  There was a few more people the second time, but it didn't even compare to the crowds when the Hollidazzle parade is going on.  Natalie loves to ride escalators.  She was very happy we had to go up 7 flights.  
  
Here we are at the beginning.  The picture quality isn't the best in most of our shots, because you really couldn't use a flash.  Jon meant to do this though.

Here's some animals decorating a tree. 

Natalie really liked the display.  We even walked it twice.   She was a bit stingy in the photo department though.  She didn't want to look at the camera.  

On to Thanksgiving.  What are you thankful for?  I'm thankful for a nice, relaxing and quiet day which is pretty much the day we had today.  Grandma Carla is the only one here visiting.  Well, her and Abby.  The only excitement the dog brings is the occasional tussle with Ozzie.  I think Ozzie misses picking on Max, so Abby is the next best thing.  We plan on joining the crowds for a little Black Friday shopping.  All the stores are local which is nice to not have to travel far.  I don't think I'll be up at 4am though.  Kohl's... don't you know that is way too early to open your store?  

No comments: