Pages

6.25.2009

Nemo

Daniel has an obsession with Finding Nemo. We were looking for a Nemo board book, but had no luck finding one so we settled on a stuffed animal. We got him a fairly big one and he's in love. Seems like it's attached to his hip (or hand) now. It's nice when he actually puts it down, but Natalie seems to get some satisfaction in giving it to him when he doesn't have it. Yesterday I had a hard time getting him to put it down when he was going to take a bath. It's not the kind of stuffed animal you can throw in the wash, so a dip in the tub wouldn't have been very good. Thankfully he didn't complain too much. I wish I would have recorded his reaction when we first gave it to him. It was priceless. He hugged it, kissed (slobbered) it, laid on it, and played with it. In a way it seemed like he didn't know what to really do with it. I could tell he was happy though.


I was talking to Grandma Bea the other day and she mentioned she was making some more receiving blankets. I told her how much Daniel loves his blankies and if she had some extra material I asked if she could sew something for him because his burp cloths are too small and his receiving blankets are too big. A few days later we received a package in the mail. Two little blankies for Daniel and one for Natalie. They both love them.


Today Daniel was in the mood for sunglasses. He didn't want to take them off. He even watched a show with them on which I thought was a bit strange. I was late in taking his 20 mo picture with his cow, so the shuttercal image for today will have to do. I tried yesterday, but had no luck and don't want to push it off any longer.

Whoever said that kids don't learn stuff from tv is wrong. I was reading a book with Natalie tonight and we were looking at a page with weather related things on it. She saw a thermometer and said it was a measuring thing. "When this goes up." she said while pointing to the red line in the middle of it and drawing her finger upward, "the snow melts." "You're right." I say, "Who told you that?" "Frosty." she replied. Also, we were talking about the 4th of July and how we are going to Aberdeen and there's going to be fireworks. She was scared of them last year and didn't want to go outside. She informed me that "I won't be really scared of them like last time. Just a little bit scared." I will bet that she won't like them again. Heck, I love to look at them, but I do not like the loud ones either.

1 comment:

tonih said...

such cute pics and captions!! so sweet that Daniel loves Nemo, had I been with it I could have sewed him some "Nemo stuff" glad Gma B. fashioned them some new "babies"!! can't wait to see them next week!! XXX