We went to the Eden Prairie Center this morning on a quest for a Nemo board book. Of course the kids did their usual playing, then we went to Target to look for the book. I told Natalie she could get a sticker book too. We found something for her, but we couldn't find a Nemo book. We then ate lunch and did the usual go-to-the-bathroom-after-lunch thing. For some odd reason, I set my purse down on the kiddie chair that is meant to hold your youngster. I should have just put it in the stroller. After hands were washed, we went on our merry way, heading to Barnes and Noble. They didn't have a Nemo book either. I don't know what made me think of it, but I looked for my purse and "Oh S**t." Poor little Natalie never walked so fast. We had about a 2 minute wait at the slowest elevator in the Midwest. That gave me time enough to think of how we were going to get home. Luckily, I had the car keys in the diaper bag. I also thought about the off chance that it would still be in the bathroom since we used a family bathroom and maybe no one had used it after us. Anyway, after we got off the elevator, I rounded the corner and started walking towards the food court. Then I heard a mall cop on a walkie talkie. I looked at him and spotted my purse tucked under his arm. "That's my purse!" I exclaimed. I have never been so over joyed. He just handed it right over and told me housekeeping had found it. Thank goodness for honest employees! Natalie now says that cops are nice because he found my purse and gave it to me.
Blog posts aren't much fun without pictures, so here are some unrelated ones from this morning:
The kids get some cereal in a cup each morning. I took one look into the living room and had to grab the camera. I don't know why he chose this to sit on, but it made me laugh. Just the look on his face when I saw him I guess. Unfortunately, I didn't get that look in the picture.
Looking at books are a new favorite thing for Daniel. Here he's concentrating on one.
He found something he knew. Nana.
Got him to actually look at the camera and smile.


No comments:
Post a Comment