Pages

6.13.2009

Too Good to be True

Today was another fabulous day. Warm enough with low humidity. Seems too good to be true for June. I'm hoping this streak will continue, but I'm not holding my breath. One can dream though.

Jon is at White Earth this weekend with some friends so it's just the kids and I. To help pass the time, we went to the library this morning. Natalie picked out some books for herself and Daniel. We made sure to get Daniel board books; which there are plenty of at the library. She was quiet and looking at a book. All of a sudden she said, "Look Daniel, Nemo." "Memo? Memo?" Then he saw the book she was holding. "Memo!" he said while grabbing for it. He was one happy camper after that. I think I'm going to have to check the stores for a Nemo book. He'll sit quietly for hours while looking at it. (or at least 15 minutes).

After the library, we went to Veterans Memorial Park to try out the playground. Natalie gave it a thumbs up. It was nice because they have a little kids area for Daniel to play on. The only bad part is some of the slides were too hot from the sun. They really should plant some trees nearby to shade the play area. Some poor little kid is going to get burned. I just told Natalie not to go down said slide.

After nap time we did our usual swinging under the deck. Then we went in the front for some trike riding, chalk coloring and bubble blowing. Daniel would try to poke the bubbles with a finger, but he usually couldn't get them unless they were in the grass. I then told him to clap. Clap the bubbles. He'd clap all right. A few times in a row and then go back to trying to poke them. Made me laugh a little. I would have liked to get pictures of them chasing the bubbles, but it's too hard to blow the bubbles and snap a photo at the same time. You'll just have to settle for some swinging pictures.

The swing at daycare has a higher back on it. When I picked the kids up on Friday, Daniel was chillin in it. Head back, slouched down kind of chillin. I think he was trying to do that in his swing. It didn't work out very well for him.


Natalie sporting a few different smiles.




Oh... notice anything different about our blog?

I plan on making seasonal themes. I'll start with Christmas. That should give me enough time. Maybe.

1 comment:

tonih said...

Hi!! it's good to be home to my own computer where I can post comments again!! sounds like you and the kids have had a nice wknd--wonder if Jon was as lucky weatherwise?? enjoyed the cute pics of the kids---I see that you are growning out Nattie's bangs again (such a frustrating process!!) XXXX