We haven't received any rain for a few weeks. Jon planned a golf outing with some friends today. Guess what the weather is like. Yup - rain. They did go and I would guess it wasn't a whole lot of fun. I'll have to remember this for the next time we have a dry spell. Just have him go golfing. Even though it's a Saturday, I welcome the rain. There's no need for me to be outside as I have plenty to do inside. I do hope it stops before this evening though. Jon and Tommy have tickets for a Saints game. That wouldn't be much fun either in the rain. I just checked the radar. Looks like they should be good for the 6pm start. (fingers crossed)
**Edited to say it did not stop raining and they did not go**
Natalie, Daniel and I went to the indoor play area at the Eden Prairie Center. It's always a great place to kill some time and get the kids out of the house. It's fun to watch them play there. They would play separately when Daniel first started to come with us. After a few times however, Natalie realized she has someone to play with. She would try to get him to follow her but of course the attention span of a 17 mo old isn't very long. In fact, it's about 2 seconds long at a place with a lot of excitement. (yes, I know he's 19 mos now, but at the time he was 17 mos.) She has gotten wise because the past couple of times we went she has followed him. Then she will blow by him on the stairs and wait for him at the top of one of the slides. He will go over to her, sit down, and then they will slide down together. It's so cute to watch. Other kids will sometimes look at her just sitting there and once I heard her say, "I'm waiting for Daniel." He's so lucky to have such a nice big sister.
I brought the smaller camera because I figured they would do the duo slide thing again and I wanted to capture the moment. BUT, of course the battery died so the picture below is the only one I got. I had to make it a black and white just so you could kind of make out what it is and if you can't make out what it is, it's Daniel crawling through a tunnel.
Yesterday we went for a pretty long bike ride. Jon was pulling the Burley and he would swerve back and forth which got a whee out of Natalie. I didn't think he should do it for Daniel's sake, but he did it a few more times anyway. Later that night I noticed what looked like fresh bruising on Daniel. It was in the crook of his arms and along his neck. It must have been from the straps that hold him in rubbing on him. He was in the tub, so maybe the lighting and water magnified the coloring because in the living room you couldn't see it as well. I was thinking - great, he skipped May, here's something wrong for June. This morning it doesn't seem to be there so I think all is well. {SIGH} - Daniel, Daniel, Daniel.



No comments:
Post a Comment