Pages

1.29.2011

January 15th - January 22nd, 2010

We went to Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico for the week with Jon's parents.  We did a whole lot of nothing relaxing in what I would call perfect summer temps.  (High 70's)  We missed the coldest week of winter while we were away; that's an added bonus!  Each day was filled with eating, lying by the pool, drinking pina colada's, and ping pong (and a work out for a couple of us).  I didn't make it to the beach until the last couple of days, but wish I would have gone every day.  The sand makes for a nice exfoliator.  It was a nice walking beach... not so nice for laying on.  Well, actually I don't know if it's nice for laying on since I never did.  I guess I should have said the water was not nice for swimming.  That's why we spent our time by the pool.  Jon went whale watching on Friday and was really enthused when he got back to the room.  He did enjoy it, but I think it was mostly the three huge beers he got on the boat talking.  Here's some pictures to showcase the vacation.


Nice pool, but it wasn't heated.   Brrr....   We stuck to the heated ones.

 A nice spot for dinner, though it was getting chilly for me.

This was our view for another dinner.

Jon found a lighthouse in Puerto Vallarta.
Old Church in Puerto Vallarta. 
Dinner at Joe Jack's in Puerto Vallarta.  They have good fish tacos.

This is the view from our room.  We were on the 7th floor.


Ping pong!  I only beat him once though I came close a couple more times.

A nice day for a stroll.  The tan and white building on the right is where we stayed.


Last ride down the lazy river.

1 comment:

. said...

That looks like a relaxing vacation!!! And warm! Lucky!!!

I get excited about whale watches too...