In Minnesota, Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is alive and kicking. I believe we're one of the last two states to offer such a program. Since there is no preschool in the kid's future, this is their school experience and they wholeheartedly look forward to it each week. Me, not so much. Not anymore. You see, Natalie has been going to school since she was six months old. This means I've been going to school for roughly five years. Add in Daniel's 3 years and, well, that's a lot of school for me. Thankfully, over the past year, Jon has increased his school time. This is so I could take Natalie to swimming class every other week. Yes, there's swimming for her now, and has been since June of 2010 And dance. Let us not forget dance. She started that in September of 2009. We made the decision to not have Natalie go to school this winter/spring session. While she was bit sad, I told her that she will have enough school in her near future and that a break now would be good. Let me be the first to say it is good!
Today was dance day. Here she's standing in the changing room. I'm not digging the combo of tutu and skirt that she picked out, but I guess that's what she picked. Her dance routine for the recital in June will be ballet inspired, but she is learning some tap. If you're wondering why she's wearing sock, he needs them because her tap shoes are too big.
Pages
1.10.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Nattie's pix made me LOL!!! it's quite an outfit and the socks in the shoes really complete the onsom. (sp?)the braids are cute,but she makes me think of Annie Okley!!!XXX
Interesting. So, was she actually in a public school system and you pulled her or had she not been in the system yet?
It is though the school system, but it's for family learning. You have to sign up for it each session. Kids go and have fun, parents go to have fun with the kids and then break off for adult discussion while the kids have more fun/learning.
Post a Comment