Pages

10.14.2010

Sunday, September 26th, 2010

Today was party day for Natalie and Jordyn (and I guess Jackson and Daniel too).  We got together at my sister's house in Duluth.  On the way down to Duluth we made a quick stop to Gooseberry Falls State Park.  It was crowded and the water was flowing.  We made sure to hold Daniel's hand at all times since he tends trip a lot.  The first picture is us sitting in front of the upper falls and the second picture is of the lower falls.  I am surprised Jon got a picture with no one in it!




Here's the birthday girls.  Notice the crown on Natalie's head.  It has Hello Kitty on it.  We went to Party City and that is the theme she picked.  Not the Princesses or Tinkerbell, but Hello Kitty.  I never would have guessed.

I finally made a cake that didn't involve a lot of stars.  My hands did not get sore frosting this one!  It was just a bit frustrating as I didn't crumb coat it and some crumbs got into the frosting which was too thick so it didn't spread very well (and that added to more crumbs being in the frosting).  I did add more water half way through the process and that helped ease the frustration because the frosting would at least spread and stick to the cake.  Making a cake for Daniel will be a much smoother process.





She was sad here because I cut the cake while she went to the bathroom.  I thought she knew I was going to but apparently she misunderstood me.  Luckily the sadness didn't last too long.


Daniel couldn't decide whether to eat the cake or watch Jameson play his game.  He decided on sneaking a look while eating his cake.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the leaves etc are beautiful!!! Lived here all my life and have never seen any of that. All I see are by the highway as I drive or the hills behind my house which are only yellow. Guess I'll have to go walking with you next year.
Pictures of the kids are Cute!
The birthday girls are very pretty!!! GrandmaC

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the leaves etc are beautiful!!! Lived here all my life and have never seen any of that. All I see are by the highway as I drive or the hills behind my house which are only yellow. Guess I'll have to go walking with you next year.
Pictures of the kids are Cute!
The birthday girls are very pretty!!! GrandmaC