Pages

10.06.2010

Saturday, September 25th, 2010

Happy Birthday Natalie!  Hard to believe our little girl turned 5 today.  We let her open a couple of gifts so she had something new to play with while Jon and I hiked the Oberg Mountain and the Leveaux Mountain loops.  The crappy day we experienced yesterday was no where to be found.  It was beautiful out!  Cool, but sunny, which made for a nice hike.  Jon commented that it had to be in the top 10 for nice days that we've hiked up on the Shore.  The colors were amazing too.  I think we hit it at the right time.

These are some pictures from Oberg Mountain.



It's crazy that the leaves near the lake (you can see the lake in the middle of the picture on the right side) hadn't changed very much, but once you go inland a little and past a ridge...


... BAM, there's color.


This observation deck is always full with people.



Maples as far as the eye can see.


This was on the trail going to Leveaux Mountain.  Jon's feet had had enough so he got the duct tape out.  It's his cure-all for blisters.  


I could have sat here for hours.  It was gorgeous!


My view.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!! those pix and the colors were gorgeous!! We sure did enjoy the colors up at Loon Lodge too!! I think this fall has been particularly beautiful!! Sad that it's almost gone!!
Now you'll have to post the b.day girl's party pix!!! XXXXX