Pages

9.19.2010

Wednesday, September 13th, 2010

Mr Frog is back... kind of!  I had posted about a Mr. Frog spotting on May 9th.  Every day after that, Daniel would want to go out and see him.  We would check the grill and find him every time.  Until one day we didn't.  There had not been a Mr. Frog sighting all summer.  I teased Jon that he had accidently grilled him and mortified by the idea he insisted that he checked every time he turned on the grill.  Today I went to fill the bird feeder that is hanging from our deck and while walking back to the door, I noticed something on the deck.  I looked down and this is what saw:

I shouted "Mr. Frog, you're back!" and grabbed the camera to document his return.  I wanted to show the kids who I had seen on our deck.  I showed the picture to Natalie and asked her who it was.  She smiled and said "Mr. Frog."  The reason I said he was kind of back is because I went to look at him again after taking the picture and he was gone.  *POOF* just like that.   I checked the grill and he wasn't there.  Not sure where he hopped off to, but it was nice to seem him again.  Jon is off the hook.

*Edited to say that on Sept 18th, I took the patio umbrella off our deck that had been lying there far too long and, lo and behold, Mr. Frog was hiding under it.  I checked back later in the day and he was gone again.  Yes, I even looked on the grill again and couldn't find him.  Yes, I am that crazy.  Don't ask me why I'm happy over seeing a frog, because I can't really tell you.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always liked looking for Mr. Frog when I was there too. Next time you see him, if you do, put him on the grill. Maybe he's stupid and can't remember what he used for a house.
Enjoyed all the pictures of the kids! Really cute! GrandmaC

Unknown said...

Tom said, "what are you chuckling about?" and I said I was reading about Mr. Frog!! Are you SURE Jon didn't grill him?? he looks a lot darker!! XXXX Grma Toni