Pages

9.19.2010

Sunday, September 12th, 2010

The Wikoff family came for a visit this weekend.  Initially it was just going to be Tricia who was going to come so her and I could go shopping, but Jon was out of town for work so Eric came to watch all four kids.  He even took them to the playground twice in one day.  What a trooper.  Saturday was our day to shop and on Sunday all of went to Como Zoo.  This time it wasn't as crowded so we got a chance to see the new polar bear exhibit.  However, it was a mealtime for the bears and so we just took a quick glance at one of the bears who was ripping apart his meal.  I shuffled the kids along quickly because I didn't feel like explaining to Natalie what he was eating.  After a short stay at Como,  Natalie and I were off to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses (as Natalie calls it).  It was the first time she had been there and she loved playing the games.  I have to admit, they were pretty fun.  Check Tricia's blog post for some pictures of our weekend.  (Thanks again Tricia for having timely blog posts.)

Trying to find the polar bears.  We didn't find anything in the pools but a couple of fish


Looking for the lions.  The lioness was easy to spot lying in the sun.





I caught a snow leopard who kept pacing by the window.


Auntie Tricia supplied the treat.  One of her crunchy peanut butter cookies.


And of course this was Daniel's third time on the ground.  I usually end up holding his hand so he won't fall; he's kind of klutzy.


Best spot to let the kids roam.


Playing a game at Chuck E Cheese.


Showing off her special prize (the ring).


These tops were in the thanks-for-coming gift bag.


There was an art festival going on where we were, so we walked around after the party.  This egret was  hanging around and so I tried to get a picture of Natalie kind of close by it.


But wouldn't you know a kid just had to run up and scare it away.




No comments: