Pages

9.13.2010

Monday, September 6th, 2010

We went to Loon Lodge for  Labor Day weekend.  The Wikoff family was also there.  (Of course Grandma and Grandpa and the pups too)  The weekend was a bit on the cool side, so there was no swimming and for some odd reason, we didn't go for a pontoon ride.  Dylan brought his little bike and had a great time going down the hills.  Natalie has not mastered the art of riding without training wheels, but with the help of Uncle Eric, she did manage to ride the bike a little on her own.  She was pretty pleased with herself.  On Sunday night, we did have a fire and made some smores. (aren't we exciting?!?)  You can read about the day here.  (Thank you Tricia)

What we should have done is gone to Itasca State Park for part of a day.  I never thought to do that because we planned to stop there on our way home.  We did stop, but it was a short stay.  It was getting late and started to rain.  Of what I did see, I must say I am impressed.  The drive from Loon Lodge to the Park was really pretty too!

A picture for those who need a little education.



Yes, you see it correctly.  I am actually in a couple of pictures.

The thing to do was to walk across these rocks.  I was not brave enough because I figured I'd slip and fall in.  My balance doesn't seem to be very good on stuff like this.  Natalie wanted to brave it, but Jon had to carry her across at one point.







Monkey see, monkey do.  Of course Daniel wanted to try it too.  



Looks like Jon was getting a bid impatient from all the people on the rocks.


I nice effort at a family picture. 







 I'm not sure what was up with the camera, but most of the pictures didn't turn out.  They are a bit on the blurry side.  We'll get another chance because we will definitely go there again.

3 comments:

The "Why-Cough" Family said...

You're welcome! I like the Itasca pics! I could totally tell Jon was getting pissy even before you said that! LOL! Love that pic of them holding hands walking. Too cute!

Unknown said...

Love the pix that you did get!! especially the one of Jon carrying Nattie and him helping Daniel---make sure he puts them on flicker so I can get 5x7s of them and put in a twin frame!! XXX

jen said...

The pic of them holding hands is so sweet! Great shots!