Pages

9.14.2008

Back Home

The kids and I are back home after a weekend in SB. I must say it was quite the craptastic weekend. Friday was beautiful, Saturday and Sunday, not so nice unless you count rain as nice. Natalie and I took a train from Duluth to Two Harbors today. She was really excited to be on it. She kept telling it to go. The novelty of the train wore off fast though as after about 20 minutes of being on it she told me she wanted to go home. We were still in Duluth! Somehow I talked her out of it and diverted her attention to looking for animals and "hey, look at that river we're crossing." We made it to TH no worse for the wear and Grandma Carla and Daniel picked us up and we went to visit Auntie Julie and clan. It's funny how Daniel remembers Jensen after her week of watching him with Grandma. He just lights up when she looks at/talks to him.

Jon was busy at home. The floor is tiled. Whether or not the heat works is yet to be determined. He steam cleaned the upstairs carpet and stained Natalie's furniture (in the garage - thank you for that). Varnish will hopefully be applied this week to the furniture as I don't want to park outside for very long. At least it's not snowing.

That's about it. I'll get some pictures added tomorrow.

5 comments:

The "Why-Cough" Family said...

Varnish? On the garage floor? Im confused.

tonih said...

Geez, Trish!! varnish the newly stained furniture--and he DID IT in the garage so they wouldn't have to sniff the fumes!!
I'll bet Jensen loved it that Daniel was so happy to see her!!xx can't believe he's almost one!!! and Nattie three----Dylan two!!

Renae said...

You two are funny. Yeah, Geez Trish! LOL I change the post just for you.

Susan said...

well as long as we are seeking clarification--what does SB stand for?

Anonymous said...

Silver Bay (my hometown)