A co-worker had a Jack Lalanne juicer that I borrowed for the first few weeks. I ended up bringing it to work and another co-worker and I juiced many mornings. Who would have thought a cucumber-celery-pepper(red or green)-pink grapefruit-carrot-and sometimes lime-juice would taste ok. I had tried kale, but that type of juicer doesn't do well with green leafy vegetables. I decided that I wanted one that would handle those types of vegetables, so I bought the Omega 8006. It does a great job with kale and I've even added spinach. I'm going to be on the lookout for wheat grass - the Grand Daddy of all greens. In the meantime I'll stick to kale which is very green and very good for you. The only downside is it doesn't taste very good. But, when added with other vegetables, the taste is kind of masked. The color, however, is not. This morning Natalie looked at the juice and said "That's disgusting." She did try it though. Daniel too. He took a sip and said it tasted good. He proceeded to want more. When I brushed his teeth, I saw the remnants around his mouth. Of course I had to get a picture because it isn't everyday one has a green ring around one's mouth. (click the photo for a close up)
Pages
2.15.2010
Juice
A friend on our October 07 birth board had talked about doing a 7 day juicing cleanse. I read about it and even though it seemed interesting, I didn't think I would have the will power to do it for 7 days. I didn't want to commit when I didn't know if I could even stomach the juice. Instead I decided to just juice a glass a day and see how that would work for me.
A co-worker had a Jack Lalanne juicer that I borrowed for the first few weeks. I ended up bringing it to work and another co-worker and I juiced many mornings. Who would have thought a cucumber-celery-pepper(red or green)-pink grapefruit-carrot-and sometimes lime-juice would taste ok. I had tried kale, but that type of juicer doesn't do well with green leafy vegetables. I decided that I wanted one that would handle those types of vegetables, so I bought the Omega 8006. It does a great job with kale and I've even added spinach. I'm going to be on the lookout for wheat grass - the Grand Daddy of all greens. In the meantime I'll stick to kale which is very green and very good for you. The only downside is it doesn't taste very good. But, when added with other vegetables, the taste is kind of masked. The color, however, is not. This morning Natalie looked at the juice and said "That's disgusting." She did try it though. Daniel too. He took a sip and said it tasted good. He proceeded to want more. When I brushed his teeth, I saw the remnants around his mouth. Of course I had to get a picture because it isn't everyday one has a green ring around one's mouth. (click the photo for a close up)
While I haven't juiced everyday because of certain factors, I've done it more often than I thought I would and plan on making it a daily ritual. Now I'm on the lookout for different recipes. I don't want the kids getting bored with the same flavor.
A co-worker had a Jack Lalanne juicer that I borrowed for the first few weeks. I ended up bringing it to work and another co-worker and I juiced many mornings. Who would have thought a cucumber-celery-pepper(red or green)-pink grapefruit-carrot-and sometimes lime-juice would taste ok. I had tried kale, but that type of juicer doesn't do well with green leafy vegetables. I decided that I wanted one that would handle those types of vegetables, so I bought the Omega 8006. It does a great job with kale and I've even added spinach. I'm going to be on the lookout for wheat grass - the Grand Daddy of all greens. In the meantime I'll stick to kale which is very green and very good for you. The only downside is it doesn't taste very good. But, when added with other vegetables, the taste is kind of masked. The color, however, is not. This morning Natalie looked at the juice and said "That's disgusting." She did try it though. Daniel too. He took a sip and said it tasted good. He proceeded to want more. When I brushed his teeth, I saw the remnants around his mouth. Of course I had to get a picture because it isn't everyday one has a green ring around one's mouth. (click the photo for a close up)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounds good to me! Love kale!
I'm so glad you and your kids like it! You can try just cucumber, kale, red pepper and white grapefruit. That one is my favorite and we have it everymorning!
Post a Comment