Pages

8.25.2010

Sunday, July 25th, 2010

Last night we finally got the big boy bed out of the garage and into Daniel's room.  He was pretty excited to be able to sleep in it.  He did great; never got up once.  I knew he would do just fine as he hasn't been napping in a crib at daycare for months.  Also, when we went to Loon Lodge he slept on the air mattress without any problems.  It made me laugh when we were in his room sharing in his excitement about the new bed and Natalie said, "Now Daniel, when you wake up, come into my room and I'll tell you if it's time to get up or not."  Not knowing what time he would get up, I put the kabosh to that idea of hers.  I told him just to stay in his bed.  Here's a picture of him sleeping in the morning.  It isn't the best picture, so I'll have to take more sometime.  I love sleeping pictures.  Those were my go to shots when I was doing my 365 pics and I didn't have anything else to take.


Later that morning we went to Como Zoo.  I was hoping to get a good look at the new polar bear exhibit, but it was,  quite frankly, a zoo in it.  We went later than I hoped and there was just too many people around.  It was a rather hot day too which didn't help with the get-me-out-of-here attitude.  I didn't get very many pictures, but here's one of them looking at the sea lions.  


After dinner we headed to the cul-de-sac that is near our house for some bike riding.  I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it's a great spot for the kids to just ride without the need to really look for cars.  We usually go around the top of our driveway and Daniel has never peddled his trike himself because of that.  I was always afraid he'd go down the driveway and into the street.  Our neighbors had given us the bike that Natalie is riding.  All we needed was some training wheels.  I had found some neat ones yesterday and Jon put them on.  She was pretty happy to be on that bike! 


No comments: