Pages

7.26.2009

Too long

It's been way too long since the last post. I guess that's what happens when you're out of town 3 weekends in a row.

The first weekend we went to Aberdeen for the 4th of July.

Here's Dylan and Natalie enjoying the sprinkler ball. I noticed she would close her eyes when she ran by it. She wouldn't even be at the water and her eyes were closed. I told her to keep her eyes open. "But that's not how you do it" she said. She then informed me that the kids at Inez's close their eyes like she was doing. Well then, I stand corrected.

Daddy and Natalie kayaking. I don't know if you can see the water very well, but it was gross. The algae was in full bloom. Also, you can see Daddy waving to Daniel and

Daniel waving to Daddy.
This year Natalie was able to blow her own bubbles.

The second weekend I went on a scrapbooking retreat with 15 other women. We stayed at White's Wildwood Retreat in Chippewa Falls, WI. I didn't do much scrapbooking but did some computer learning. I learned my Macbook doesn't have a DVD burner in it. I wanted to make DVD's from our home videos. My friend had a Mac with a DVD burner so I used hers. I also learned that it takes about 6 hrs to burn one single DVD and that doesn't include the time you would take to pretty up the video. I only got 2 done, but that is because iDVD wasn't cooperating with me. After uploading the video (1 hr) and then rendering it (2+ hrs), then burning it (2+) hrs it would stop short of the end. Nothing had burned. I saw the error in my ways once because I hadn't attached the video. But after I learned from that mistake I could not figure out the problem the next time. Frustration kicked in and I gave up.

The third weekend I went to Duluth and stayed at my sister's house. She had her annual rummage sale. I must say I did better than expected. The kids went up to my parent's house because I didn't think they would be very much help. Samantha and Jordyn were though. We had some fun late Thursday night pricing some items. On Saturday, Natalie had a short lived stomach bug and it must have traveled through the air 20 miles because the next morning my Grandma was sick. I was pretty bummed because the last time we were up, she was out of town. Now this time, she was sick. I can't remember when I've last seen her.

This weekend Jon went to Aberdeen for his class reunion. 25th I think. I was all traveled out so I stayed home with the kids. The highlight (I use that term loosely) was going to Cub and getting some ice cream (frozen yogurt actually - don't tell Natalie). I typically don't give any to Daniel but you can't pull too much over on him anymore so I had to. Just seeing how much he liked it and his face afterward made me smile.



Yes folks, it was really that good!

4 comments:

Stern Family said...

Looks like you've been enjoying the summer - FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it has been awhile. Thanks
for the cute update. At least
you learned something--how to use
a sprinkler ball. The pictures were cute..See you soon

Unknown said...

was nice to read up on your comings and goings (since I kind of feel like I have been out of it for the last 3 weeks) such cute pics and commentary on the kids--I miss them, and they both seem to look so much bigger and older!! XXXX

Unknown said...

actually it's me Grma Toni--don't understand since I am "doing this through fb" Hummmm??