Pages

5.06.2010

Monday, May 3, 2010

Tricia told me about a website called Green Monster Movement.  It's all about spinach smoothies.  I had always thought I needed a Vitamix blender to be able to blend greens.  She tried it out and reported back that it blended just fine in a regular blender.  So, I got out the ingredients for the basic smoothie and hit the button.  With a very fast whirr of the blades, I had a green drink.  Surprisingly, it is delicious.  Banana is great at masking other flavors.  The recipe I used is:

       Virgin Green Monster
  • 2 cups spinach 
  • 1-1 1/4 cups milk (I used cow's milk, but you can use any type - soy, almond, rice, etc)
  • 1 tablespoon of ground flax
  • 1 banana
  • ice
Natalie and Daniel liked it too.  Daniel really liked it, Natalie thought it was ok.  She isn't a huge banana fan, but at least she gave it a try.  It's funny the face she gave when I showed it to her and asked if she wanted to try it.  I think because Daniel gave out a great big "I do", she decided she wasn't going to be outdone and was also surprised it was ok.  Natalie ended up with just a regular mustache.  Daniel had a whole mouth mess and the more he drank, the bigger it got.  He was even trying to lick his lips.






The next time I make it, I'm going to put in some blueberries.  I think that should be good too.  Five thumbs up and three smiles for The Green Monster!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want to try this when I come this weekend. I need some vitamins and something good? to drink. Grandma Carla

Unknown said...

What cute little green monsters!! XXX