Pages

3.16.2010

Sunday, March 14, 2010

It was a pretty nice day today.  The temperature of 60 was way above the average of 39.  It was sunny, but unfortunately it was windy too.  I went for a walk and got a bit chilly in the spots where the wind wasn't blocked.  Then in the area where the wind was blocked, I had to unzip my jacket.  When I got home, the kids were up from their nap.  I asked them if they wanted to go outside to ride their trikes and of course I got an exuberant YES.  You still have to push Daniel, so the lucky one to do so gets a good workout.  I should put the pedometer on next time to see how many steps are taken.

Most of the time, Natalie wants you to chase her while she does figure 8's or circles around the top of the driveway.  Since we can't go in the grass because it's too wet, she doesn't go down the walk to the house very often.  In the summer she'll go in the grass as a way to turn around.  After about 20 minutes,  the figure 8's and circles get pretty tedious.  It doesn't seem to phase them though, so I push on.








As seen in the above picture, Natalie was looking rather cramped on her trike so we raised the seat for her.  Unfortunately Daniel can't reach the pedals now, so a trike swap won't work (she wants to ride his sometimes).  Perhaps we'll surprise her with a big girl bike in a few months.  She'll be overjoyed! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh it looks like they had a fun time---you not so much!! ;) too bad you don't have a patio in the back that they could ride on by themselves!! I remember(when I was a kid) Pete and I used to ride in circles for hours on our huge patio at the farm!! good memories!!