On Saturday the kids and I went to the library to get some books and peruse the children's DVDs. Once in awhile I check out the Museum Adventure Pass rack to see if there are any good passes available. They actually had one to the MN Zoo sitting there staring me in the face!! The passes are good for a week, but I decided we needed something to do today, so the kids and I went for the price of parking to the MN Zoo. It was a bit cold (about 35), but we just donned our winter wear and managed just fine. Actually, if you don't mind the cold, it's a great time to go. There were no crowds (possibly due to it being a holiday weekend?) and you can see the animals because there is no foliage they can hide in.
The kids were excited to see the first animals. I had no fear of them running ahead, because really, there wasn't too many people around. Ironically though, we ran into a family that took the same ECFE class I took Daniel to that just ended a couple of Saturdays ago.
And they're off...
kind enough to wait...
but only for so long.
Some of the animals seemed to be looking directly at me. It was rather weird. This bear was sleeping and then happened to look up at me. Doesn't he look cuddly.
How about this cuddly kitty?
Or these cuddly children. (ok... maybe one looks cuddly, the other just doesn't know how or doesn't want to smile on cue.)
This tiger was giving us an up close look. We were standing here looking into the exhibit and it walked right up and kept walking back and forth in front of the glass. You can see by the pictures how big it is. It's back was as tall as Natalie. She was a bit afraid to go near the glass but eventually came around. Daniel didn't seem to mind. In the first picture, a stranger's child is right by the glass giving you a good reference as to the tiger's size.
I like these shots of the kids looking into the exhibits. It's much easier to get one of Daniel too. At least I don't have to worry about the look on his face.
Checking out the wild boars.
Looking at the coral reef from above.
A different angle of the reef.
And below. (Nemo wasn't found, but Dory and Gill were.)
Looking at the dolphins who were having fun playing.
Everyone needs their picture taken on a tortoise or in this case a tortoise sculpture. I placed Daniel on it and I figured he'd freak. He didn't freak, but see what I mean about the look? (click picture for a bigger view)
Doesn't he look thrilled?


2 comments:
what a neat outing!! where was Jon--at the hockey game?? I think Daniel looks cute on the T. XXXX
How nice!! The pictures are really cute and that tiger WOW, he's huge. Yes, doesn't Daniel look thrilled. Maybe he's shocked can't get over everything so close
etc. Too bad Nemo didn't come around he would have been thrilled!!
Post a Comment