Pages

5.25.2009

While the kids are away...

Mama will play.  Or not.  I took advantage of the beautiful day yesterday and ate my dinner on the deck and enjoyed the serenity.  In the summer, our deck gets to be about 100 degrees because it bakes in the hot afternoon sun.  But today, it was perfect.  My kind of perfect is 75, very low humidity, sunny with a slight breeze.  That is my kind of spring.  I wish summer was as beautiful.  It just get too darn hot and muggy.  If anyone knows what part of the country has my type of summer, please let me know.  Oh wait - I already know.  I grew up in it.  LOL.  

I figured the picture for the day would be the view from my chair.  I had a few photos taken when I saw a lone dandelion seed on the arm of a chair.  The slight breeze was moving it back and forth, but it never blew away.  That surprised me.  I even got a visit from a purple finch.




Jon and the kids come home today from Aberdeen.  It was nice to have some time to myself, but I miss them and look forward to their return.

1 comment:

tonih said...

YUP!! That's my kind of weather too!! I was also wondering where we could find that kind of weather--then it hit me!! HAWAII !!! but too far from all of you!!
Has been fun having Jon and the kids----really think you should finish (?) the fence in the back yard---Daniel has had such a good time just wandering around our back yard by himself--even if Nannie doesn't go with him!! we just leave the door open and he goes in and out!! XXXX