Pages

5.05.2009

Some happenings.

This past weekend, Natalie and I went to a bird release in Hyland Park. There were 3 birds released, but we only saw a Coopers Hawk and a Red Tailed Hawk get released. While the crowd was watching the 3rd one, we took the opportunity to see the eagles. Very pretty birds and large. One actually tried to fly and so I got a glimpse of the wing span.

Natalie doing what she does best... coloring.

My little eagle. She actually walked quite a distance wearing her mask.


Daniel rash is much better. It's pretty much gone away except for where the scabs formed. We're wondering what May will bring since he seems to have something medically wrong with him on a monthly basis. I'm hoping it ends soon. The prednisone he was on made him have a big appetite. The weekend always brings pancakes with blueberries (or my favorite - raspberries) in them. Daniel tends to pick out the berries before he eats the pancake.

Tonight, Natalie was talking to me on speaker phone and I mentioned strawberries. I could hear Daniel in the background saying "ba-brries, ba-brries, ba-brries." Apparently he pushed away his food with the thought of getting some yummy strawberries. Oops, my bad. I should know better. That little boy loves his fruit!

He has really grown attached to his 'babies' (Daniel speak for blankies). He looks for the corner and shoves it in his mouth to give it a little chew. If he has the burp cloths, he needs two; one for each hand.


We went to a playground that has some equipment for smaller kids. Daniel was very happy that his hat from last summer still fits him.

He loved going up the stairs, through the tunnel and right down the slide. They had the whole thing to themselves for most of the time and then a boy Daniel's age showed up. Daniel was not pleased that someone else was going to use his stuff. He got mad and let it be known. As he went through the tunnel, the other boy started to cry. (He must have thought the equipment was his too). That in turn made Daniel cry. It was pretty funny watching the exchange and looks that they gave each other.




Time to take my picture for the day. I'm eyeing up some strawberries Natalie left on her plate. Daniel would not be pleased!

2 comments:

tonih said...

enjoyed seeing the pics of what you have been doing, but it sure makes me miss the kids!! the second to the last pic---Daniel sure looks like Nattie!!xxx cute stories about Daniel!! sure hope he takes May off for illness'!!!

grandmac said...

Thanks for all the cute pics and
stories. Really enjoyed them!!