Pages

5.07.2009

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday was what I would call a perfect summer day. Sunny, mid 70's, slight breeze, and low humidity. You just had to be outside. Natalie always wants to go to a playground at night, but sometimes she has to settle for what's in our yard or the neighbor's yard. Our neighbors have a metal swing set that our kids have kind of taken over. It's on the property line, so it's not like we really invade their yard. Here's Natalie playing on said swing set:

Daniel likes to go from the swing that's hanging under our deck to the sandbox to the slide on the neighbor's swing set. We take off his shoes when he's in the sandbox. Yesterday when he was done playing, he went to the slide. There's some woodchips under it, so I wanted to put his shoes back on. He didn't want them on. I won, but he had a fit.

But I don't want them on.

Really, I don't.

Huh, what you doing Dad?

Oh, you're putting the cover on the sandbox.

Oh yeah, where was I?

Luckily he gets over things rather quickly, but he's so unlike Natalie was. When he doesn't like something, he lets you know it with a good scream in the ear. He's pretty stubborn too so it seems like we get a good scream/cry at least once a day. I stress at least. And to think one day we're going to miss these days.

2 comments:

tonih said...

actually I think the Daniel pics are very cute!! I remember gma Edna thought crying pics of my kids was cute---I didn't get it---now I do!!! xxx

Renae said...

I like them too. I just thought it was funny that he was having a fit and then when Jon did something "interesting", he quit for the moment. Then he turned back and let out a good cry like he had just remembered he was doing that.